Rental Assistance Fund Available
Resource video coming soon
Download the Flyer in English here
- No Evictions Now. Currently there are two eviction bans in place: one is at the state level, and one is at the national level.
- Eviction Bans Will Expire. The national eviction ban ends Dec. 31, 2020. The state ban has been renewed several times, and we do not know when it will ultimately end. Whenever both bans have ended, eviction processes will start.
- Evictions are Banned, But Rent Is Still Owed. When the eviction bans are lifted and eviction actions are filed, landlords will ask courts to order payment of back rent. Non-payment will then be grounds for eviction.
- There is Assistance Money Available! There is rental money assistance available to help! It is important to get this help and pay back rent to avoid eviction!
- Call 211 for Pre-Application Form. 211 representatives can help you fill the application out on your own, or can mail you a paper application, or can help you find a place with an internet connection so you can download the form or fill it out online.
- If Your Pre-Application is Approved, You Can Fill Out a Full Application. Once you are approved, you will be connected to a county-based organization that will walk you through the full application process. You’re your application is approved, the county-based organization will pay your landlord directly.
- You Can Reapply. You can simply reapply for additional funds if needed and if there are still funds available in your county.
- Act TODAY! If you are behind on rent, don’t wait! The money for rental assistance expires at the end of the year. Call 2-1-1, go to housinghelpmn.org, or text “MNRENT’ to 898-211 to get started.
Need Legal Help? Phone-In Legal Clinic offered every other Thursday.
For more information and additional legal rights videos visit: