http://pfund.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2016-logo-square-only-white-on-navy-300x300.png 0 0 Amy Max http://pfund.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2016-logo-square-only-white-on-navy-300x300.png Amy Max2021-02-24 18:47:412021-02-24 18:47:41Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector: Key Messages
Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector: Key Messages
WHAT IT IS:
- The Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector is a tool that helps Minnesotans find out when, where, and how to get their COVID-19 vaccine.
- When Minnesotans become eligible, the Vaccine Connector will:
- alert them of their eligibility;
- connect them to resources to schedule a vaccine appointment; and
- notify them if there are vaccine opportunities in their area.
- As Minnesotans become eligible for the vaccine, they will still make appointments directly through a registered vaccinator at this time. But the Connector is an easy way for Minnesotans to stay updated about their eligibility and find opportunities to get a shot once it’s their turn.
- Minnesotans age 65+ who sign up with the Vaccine Connector will also be automatically included in the selection process for appointments at state-run community vaccination sites.
- This tool is an important step toward connecting all Minnesotans with the vaccine, but unfortunately vaccine supply remains extraordinarily limited. The supply from the federal government simply does not come close to meeting the demand in Minnesota.
- The Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector helps Minnesotans know where vaccine is in the state, find out when they are eligible to get it, and connect them to a vaccine opportunity near them — no matter where they live or their personal circumstances and will improve our ability to reach communities of color.
- We’ve developed a reliable and stable network of different ways Minnesotans can get vaccinated. We’ve mobilized health care systems, local pharmacies, federally qualified health centers, local hospitals, local public health, and state-run community vaccination sites to meet Minnesotans where they are and make sure everyone will have somewhere to go when it’s their turn and we get enough doses from the federal government.
- The Vaccine Connector will connect Minnesotans to that network once it’s their turn for a shot.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Signing up for the Vaccine Connector is easy, safe, and secure.
- All Minnesotans 18 years of age and older should sign up, no matter their current vaccine eligibility status.
- There will be no cost and no restricted time period for signing up.
- Health insurance and personal identification forms are not required for signing up.
- Go to gov/vaccineconnector to sign up.
- Minnesotans unable to sign up online can have family or friends help them sign up online, or call 833-431-2053 for assistance signing up over the phone.
- Translation is available by phone in all languages. Minnesotans can call the translation hotlines at 833-431-2053 and 651-318-0989 for assistance signing up over the phone.
- All Minnesotans have to do to sign up is provide basic information such as contact information, demographic data, medical history, and employment to determine their eligibility based on state guidelines.
- The State of Minnesota is committed to the equitable distribution of safe and effective vaccines for protection against COVID-19 and the Vaccine Connector form has included questions about gender identity, sexual orientation, race, cultural identification, and disabilities to help us track and measure equity and fairness throughout the vaccine distribution process. These questions do have the option to select “prefer not to answer” or “none of the above,” and selecting these answers will not prevent you from signing up for the Vaccine Connector.